Taco Chili Soup with Cauliflower Rice
Is it chili or is it soup? Who knows, but this Taco Chili Soup with Cauliflower Rice is delicious.
The combination of chili ingredients with the addition of corn and taco seasoning give this a southwestern twist. The refried beans give it a thickness that makes you think it’s been simmering all day, while only taking you about 30 minutes.
The cauliflower rice adds texture and nutrients with your family being none the wiser that they got an extra dose of veggies. I am not ashamed. I am a huge advocate of tricking my kids with hidden vegetables. If the little heathens weren’t so friggin’ picky, I wouldn’t have to resort to these measures. Veggies by any means necessary.
If you are looking for other recipes with hidden veggies, check out my recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. It is low carb if served as is, or you can serve it over a starch.
Taco Chili Soup with Cauliflower Rice should easily end up in your dinner rotation. Unless you are one of those people who thinks it’s blasphemous to call something chili unless it consists of certain ingredients. If you are one of those people, I invite you to call this Taco Soup.
Feel better now?
Call it chili. Call it soup. Just try this recipe and you will be calling it your family’s new favorite.
Let me know what you think in the comments below.
- 1⅓ lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes
- 14.5 oz can corn
- 15 oz can kidney beans
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 16 oz can fat free refried beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 ½ cups riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- In a soup pot, brown the ground beef and drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add Rotel, corn, kidney beans, tomato sauce, refried beans, taco seasoning, broth, cauliflower rice, salt, garlic powder, and cumin.
- Cover, bring to a bowl, then lower temperature to medium.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with light sour cream and shredded cheese for a low calorie meal.
Struggling to fit it all in?
Take back your schedule in 15 minutes a day! These three FREE planner printables will help you
- Prioritize your to-do list
- Find more time for your family
- Take the chaos out of mom life
…well, some of it anyway. You still have kids, after all.