20 Routines to Transform Your Day
Do you ever feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day? If you are anything like me, you have what seems like a never-ending list of daily chores and responsibilities and can sometimes struggle to fit everything in. Or worse, you get to the end of the day only to realize you forgot something that you really needed to focus on. If you can relate, it’s time to start thinking about how to get into a better routine. To get you started, I’ve compiled a list of 20 routines to transform your day.
While a daily routine won’t shorten your list of chores, having one can help you with time management and organization. This should result in better use of your time allowing you to get more done.
Plus, getting into a good routine helps you to do things without having to think about it. Imagine taking steps to focus on your health or get a better night’s sleep out of habit.
Are you struggling with bad habits? Check out my post on How to Form New Habits to find some easy tips to start those healthy habits you want. In the meantime, I hope you find some inspiration from one or two of the routines below.
- Start a morning ritual to get your day off on the right foot. This post on My Domaine walks you through some Morning Rituals that may be beneficial.
- Having a good morning routine can help you stay focused and positive. This post from #dreamcreatedo will tell you How to Create A Morning Routine for a Positive + Productive Day.
- If you find yourself waking up with stiff and achy muscles, try implementing a stretching routine. This post from Paleo Hacks tells you how to start an Energizing Morning Stretching Routine.
- Struggling to start a good morning routine because you’re not a morning person? See my post on 4 Simple Steps to Become a Morning Person to help you get started.
- Getting a good night’s sleep sets you up for a productive day. This post on Huffington Post walks you through how to set up The Ultimate Bedtime Routine for Better Sleep.
- Establishing a nightly routine will help you calm your evening and get a better nights sleep. Lapinblu shares 10 Things To Do Before Bed.
- Let’s not forget the weekend. Just Bee tells us her Saturday Morning Rituals for a More Satisfying Weekend.
- Routines are even more important when you are in college. This post on As We Stumble Along breaks down 6 steps to The Perfect College Morning Routine.
- Finding a balance will help you be more productive without feeling too restricted by your routine. This post from The Blissful Mind gives advice on How to Balance Your Time & Create a Flexible Routine.
- Have you fallen out of your normal routine? The Love Nerds post has 7 Tips for Getting Into a Routine Again.
- Don’t forget to take care of yourself! This post by Jessica Dimas goes over the 6 things she does in her Nightly Self-Care Routine.
- Namaste. This 10 Minute Yoga Routine by Healthy Fit Generator will refresh and rejuvenate you.
- A healthy daily routine can make such a difference. See this post from Get Your Fit Together for A Morning Yoga Routine That’s Better Than Coffee.
- Having trouble keeping your kids on a routine? Make an After School Routine Clock from Mommy Moment.
- Does your family routine struggle during the summer? See my Summer Schedule for Kids.
- Having trouble getting into a fitness routine? This post from Skinny Mom gives advice on How to Ignite a Workout Routine When You’re Overweight.
- A clean house will help keep stress at bay. See the Ultimate Cleaning Routine by Organise My House.
- A good routine will help you maintain mental health. See this post from Allyn Lewis on Structuring Your Daily Routine to Promote Good Mental Health.
- There isn’t one right way to create a routine. This post by Tickling the Wheat talks about How to Create a Routine: What works and what don’t.
- Still struggling with how to get into a better routine? See Hilary Bernstein’s post where she shares her tips on Creating a Daily Routine.
Does the thought of tackling a new routine seem overwhelming and hard? Maybe you need to get yourself unstuck and find some motivation. Check out my posts for 6 Changes to Make When You’re Stuck in a Rut for more inspiration.
Figuring out how to get into a better routine can help you makeover your mornings, simplify your evenings, and everything in between. Start a routine and you’ll soon find yourself more productive and less stressed.
Have you figured out how to get into a better routine? Share your tips in the comments below.
Want to get into a better routine?
Download your free daily routine checklist!
Start your day on the right foot, track the most important tasks, and turn your priorities into habits